Silent Boot Animation?Support

Last Updated:

1. BoogieNYC

BoogieNYC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I get the animated Droid X boot but no sound -- I could have sworn I'd heard "Droid" the first few times I booted up my phone. Now -- nothing.

Am I just imagining things?

Advertisement
  2. Jpeluso8

Jpeluso8 Active Member

i have same issue.. i never hear anything??

3. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

Same here, even though the bootup.ogg sound file is in the /system/media folder... (where the bootanimation.zip file is). I've never heard the boot sound at all on mine. :confused:

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Mine's never made a sound on start up.

5. BoogieNYC

BoogieNYC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I *thought* it had made a sound, but maybe I'm wrong. Just seems to make very little sense -- four or five in-built "DROID" sound effects and nothing during start-up just didn't make sense to me. But then again, wouldn't be the first time ;-)

6. mysterygirl

mysterygirl Active Member

Hmmm...I think maybe I heard this the first time I powered on the phone, but not since....

7. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Mine says "Droid" everytime I power it down or power it on which is every night and every morning. Has since the 15th.

8. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't say anything either, which is strange because the X's boot animation was made available to Droid and DInc users on XDA (I think) and when they were demo'ing it it said DRROOOID.

Does yours say droid during the bootup animation or afterwards? If it's afterwards, you are probably just hearing the SD Card notification when it starts up and shuts down.

9. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Me thinks you may be right...it says "Droid" right after the eye goes away and the top status bar states "preparing sd card".
    When it shuts off, it says "Droid" just as the screen goes black and usually gets cut off so it just says "Dro" then the phone is off.

10. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Yeah that's your sd card notifications then. You can turn those off if you want to under Settings>Sound & Display>SD card notifications

11. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

It would be nice to be able to set a different tone for the SD Notifications and the "Notification Ringtone" (i.e. set SD to "droid" sound and all other notifications to something else). Having my phone scream "DROID!" every time a text comes in would get annoying quick.

12. maniacman54

maniacman54 Well-Known Member

has anyone figured out how to get the sound to start up when it boots. it's so cool

13. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

You can change the text, email, gmail notification sounds from the settings of each application. That's how Ive done it. I keep the system notifications Droid but I've changed text to my own and emails to silent.