Silent mode..Support

1. sarahs2

sarahs2 Member

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to have your phone on silent but if a particular number rings you then it will ring on loud? My sister is due to give birth soon and wanted to know if i can just have her number ring out loud if my phone is on silent as I have too many texts at night to keep it on loud.. :confused:
    Sarah.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah. I'm not sure there is a way to have the ringtone override silent. You should be able to go to your messaging app and turn off notifications though. That way they won't wake you.

Congratulations to your sister. :)
  3. sarahs2

sarahs2 Member

Aha! Found it under Ringtones.. I can put messages on silent :) Thank you :proud:
  4. aquilads

aquilads Member

Hello Sarah,
    I hope that everything went well with your Sister's delivery and that you are now a proud Aunt :).
    I recently released an app called "Ring Thru" (on my Google Play page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Aquila Data Systems) that delivers the exact functionality that you needed (receiving that call from your Sister at any time of day or night even when your phone was on silent). I hope that it may help you in the future or someone else with the same issue.

Thanks,
    AquilaDS