Silent notifications when phone is lockedSupport

1. echo808

echo808 New Member

Whenever I get a notification when the phone is locked, I would have to unlock, scroll the bar down, then click on said notification.

Is there a way to silent it (like on the iphone where you press the power button)?

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Are u asking how to silence notifications?
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Do you want it to always be silent when locked? or just when you press a button? I don't know if there is a hardware button solution, but you could put a sound toggle on your home screen with WidgetLocker. It's two taps, not one.
  4. echo808

echo808 New Member

no not always silent when locked. I want to be able to hear when I do get a notification but I was wondering if theres a way to silent it faster.

on the iphone, whenever you get a call/text, you can press the power button to silent it, locked or not. to read the notification after tho, you'd have to unlock the phone as usual (if its still locked)
  5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

You need to download a lock widget. That way you can add a silent widget to your lock screen. Check out the market place for that.
  6. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

I think he just means being able to get the audio notification but kill it like you would on most ordinary phones. I'll look into that, my problem is that I don't feel or hear notifications well enough, I'm in another boat all together! ;-)