silicone case that fits in motorola car dockAccessories

Last Updated:

1. chinatti

chinatti Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone found a decent case, ideally silicone, that will fit in the motorola car dock? I took a chance with a cheap ebay case and it doesn't fit, even with the insert removed and the nub on the dock filed off. I'd really like to find a case that fits so I can keep it on and use the car dock - is that too much to ask?

Searching through the other threads I couldn't find any definitive answers...

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. SgtCyborg

SgtCyborg New Member

I am also looking for a case that will fit in the car dock for my X. I use the car dock every day...

3. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

I don't believe that there is a case that will fit the dock, even with the mods - at least not yet...

4. Dysan

Dysan Member

There's an insert in the car dock that you can remove to make more room.. I can squeeze the phone into the car dock with the verizon silicone case, but not easily. I'm pretty sure with any case thinner than the verizon one, it will fit.

5. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

there IS a "spacer" in the car dock - and it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMOST fits with the verizon holster / case combo - I had to slice off a small plastic rectangle, and now its sooo close, but i dont think i want to modify it enough to make it work.
    but it DOES load the car dock which the other "universal" ones dont, without modification......

6. firetruck41

firetruck41 Well-Known Member

I got a soft-ish generic TPU case from Amazon... It does not fit the Motorola car dock, even with the dock's insert removed. Called Motorola today to ask about the phone case mentioned in the dock instructions, and as expected, they had no info, and said there is no Motorola case for the Droid X.

7. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Yeap... same thing here. I suppose i can force fit it into the dock, but its kinda no biggie to take off the case.