Silk Browser Constantly CrashesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member

While browsing the web, I am getting constant crashes on the SILK browser. I thought this was a tried-and-true browser and did not expect to have this much trouble. I have read several threads on the AMAZON site also discussing problems with the browser.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions for settings that will prevent this constant crashing please share.

2. alan sh

alan sh Member

Try Dolphin Browser. While it is not immediately apparent on the Amazon Market site, I did find it once and downloaded it. I have no idea how I got to it as a search doesn't seem to find it, but it is there.

Alternatively, look for a .apk on the internet and side load it.

3. Ih8apple

Ih8apple Active Member

Silk sucks. Period. Go to and download either Opera or Dolphin browser. You need the APK file.

Then, use a file explorer (I use ES file explorer, availiable free from the Amazon app store) to open your download folder and run the file.

Problem solved.
  4. Holydoc

I did download Dolphin HD as well as Flash. I just wish I could set up Dolphin as the default browser. It appears that Amazon has silk locked down as default and will not let you make that change.

Just as an update: Since I loaded Dolphin, I have yet to have a crash or non-response on it. Very pleased with it.
  5. Jesslynh

Jesslynh Well-Known Member

You can also try to turn OFF automation in the Silk browser. That may help.
  6. Holydoc

Thanks for the suggestion, Jess, but I had already tried this as well. I also turned off acceleration and seemed to do no good.
  7. PRallday168

PRallday168 Well-Known Member

Also chrome browser works flawless on this device . If you want to give that a go . Im also trying to figure a way i can make it a primary browser.