Silly question, I may be going SenileGeneral

Last Updated:

1. terigox

terigox Active Member This Topic's Starter

So this is probably a really stupid question, but there's not stupid questions, just stupid people right?!? :)

I could have sworn when I first got my phone I set my lock screen to an picture from the existing "wallpaper" gallery as well as my "desktop" wallpaper, basically I had them set as the same picture.

Now when I go into my phone, I can go to customize my "desktop" wallpaper I can select from my own pictures or the built in wallpaper gallery. But when I go in to customize the lock screen, I only get the option of using my own pictures, I no longer see the option to use built in wallpapers?

I found this kind of strange, and was just wondering if I was doing something wrong :p

Advertisement
  2. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

I noticed after I disabled Sense UI I can't set a wallpaper for my Lock screen, but I still have the lock screen I had before I disabled it.
    While on the home screen, press the menu button, and wallpaper. It should give you an option to set the Home or Lock screen wallpapers.

3. terigox

Yea I can definitely set my lock screen wallpaper to my own pictures, but I just can't use pictures that are in the default "wallpaper gallery". It no longer gives me the option to choose from there, instead it just automatically goes to my personal picture gallery.

4. Ataranine

I don't remember it ever...doing that.. I believe it always did that for me too...why would you want the stock pics as your lock screen anyhow? :p

5. terigox

Yea valid point :p I need to find some decent wallpapers, it was just a minor weird thing I thought I noticed and it was preventing me from doing exactly what I wanted at that point in time! Grr...

6. Ataranine

The stock HTC wallpapers are just..horrid.. anyway.
    There's a pretty nice Eris wallpaper thread on the forums, just do a quick search. :)

7. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i use the backgrounds app, pretty awesome.

8. bmknapp

bmknapp Member

Also, although Im sure you're aware, you could always browse google and yahoo images if you're looking for a specific picture. I was gonna mention backgrounds app but Caddyman's always the first with answers.:p

9. terigox

Trying out the backgrounds app now, I like it so far!

Heh yea thanks bmknapp and others I'm aware I can put whatever images I want up on the background, I'm usually after pretty simplistic backgrounds, usually repeating patterns. I had kind of liked the orange one that was included on the Eris by default, it was orange and other color stripes... I've found some that are very similar on the Backgrounds app mentioned by caddy :)

Thanks all!

10. bmknapp

bmknapp Member

Also, there's another app called Androlib that's pretty similar to Backgrounds.

11. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Why did you disable Sense UI?

12. Ataranine

Because I like the vanilla UI better, but I can't stand the DROID.
    Also, the lockscreen wallpaper can be changed in the settings and personalization options.