SIM Card ErrorSupport

Last Updated:

1. thlax

thlax Member This Topic's Starter

Every now and then..... pretty much every other day.....when i unlock my nexus one it has a sim card error where it says it was removed and i need to re-insert it...however i haven't done anything.(Im using ATT) Restarting the phone or turning on and off doesn't fix it and it stays as an error under my notifications. Then i have to take the battery door off and pull the sim card in and out then restart and its normally better.

However why does it do this. Why does it think my sim cards been removed randomly sometimes? I wish it would stop so i dont have to take apart my phone every other day to pop the sim in and out....(atleast it starts up faster than my blackberry)

thanks-

D

Advertisement
  2. ufmedrudy

ufmedrudy Active Member

Could be the sim card...try getting a new one from AT&T

Lastly could be the sim card reader on the phone...which of course would require a replacement

3. Who Cares?

Who Cares? Well-Known Member

It could be a contact issue. This would happen when i was using an unlocked iphone. i would clean the metal chip on the sim card with some alcohol wipes. it work for 3-4 months then do it again, i clean it then it works again.

4. jsarino

jsarino Member

I'm new here, and I got this issue now with my Nexus One. Got the phone a few days back, replaced my 5-year old ATT sim card with a new one, but it only recognizes one contact, and can't read any other contacts. Put it back into my old phone (Nokia E71x) and it reads it just fine. Thoughts?

5. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

The N1 doesn't use SIM contacts, they must be imported into the phones memory.

jsarino likes this.
  6. jsarino

jsarino Member

I just figured it out...my bad!