Sim card import xperia x10General

Last Updated:

1. Sean Dox

Sean Dox New Member

Hello, Sean here, new to this forum, but hoping a kind smarter than me person can point me in the right direction...
    just done an update on my xperia 10.... no probs....went to import from sim card ... got a load of old , really old phone numbers on here now... this is my second x10..... so go figure!...... what I'd like to know is can I get the very recent no.s back?....... are they perhaps in the phone memory?...... how do I retrieve them?
    It should be noted that I don't use the phone to its fullest ability......and am by no means the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to technology!!...... hence this humble request.

many thanks in advance

Sean Dox

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Hi Sean and welcome to Android Forums :)

As this is your second x10, your contacts would have already been sync to your Google Account. Signed into your Google Account that you used in your previous x10.

Click on the Menu button -> select Setting -> select Accounts -> select your primary Google Account -> select 'Sync Contacts'.

All of your contacts that you had on your last x10 should now be imported to your phone :)

Hope that helps!!!

If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask. You learn by reading. Android Forums is a great resource of knowledge people and a reservoir of information.
    Check out the X10 Forum: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - Android Forums
    Sean Dox likes this.
  3. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

Yeah....hope you did a backup online.

If you updated from 1.6 to 2.1 and didn't do a backup first, you probably lost the contacts unless you did a sync online and backed up your contacts.

Is there a way after the fact to get these contacts back if you didn't do a sync online and you updated from 1.6 to 2.1? No.

If you ever used facebook on the phone to....there is a way to merge or get all your facebook contacts information. Did you ever use facebook on the x10...and do you have any contacts in facebook that aren't in your SIM card list of contacts?