SIM card in CDMA handset?General

1. ODGeek

ODGeek Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who noticed our handset not only has a slot for a micro SIM chop, but ACTUALLY has a micro SIM in the slot? None of my old handsets had one. Are the CDMA and GSM devices converging?

Advertisement
    :
  2. aguba

aguba Well-Known Member

I believe it's for LTE data.
    ODGeek likes this.
  3. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

It is in fact for the 4g LTE.
    ODGeek likes this.
  4. Kasenomateru

Kasenomateru Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a UICC Card for the 4G lte and it can be found in the optimus f3 also
  5. carlosj_2009

carlosj_2009 Member

Then does this mean that i can unlock this phone and use it in T-Mobile? ??
  6. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

That depends if its a gsm patch for your device. And if the ril support it
  7. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Well-Known Member Contributor

Or if it even has gsm radios
  8. carlosj_2009

carlosj_2009 Member

Well in that case is there any equivalence to this phone???. Because i really like it, but its only for virgin and boost mobile.
  9. DirtyDee

lol plenty since its a snapdragon 400 its in the same class as moto g LTE, Sony xperia t2 , HTC desire 816 and many more each of those devices are its "competion" and I assume any other s400 devices with LTE
    Rarewolf likes this.
  10. carlosj_2009

carlosj_2009 Member

Sorry i meant the same phone but for tmobile or something like that...because yeah those are phones on the same range but they are more expensive and don't have Battery like that
  11. DirtyDee

CDMA phones are always cheaper, the same phone is I think the f90 or l90 but don't have lte and I can tell you most of them probably would have better battery due to them being bigger.
  12. akito6776

akito6776 Member

The equivalent GSM version to the LG volt (which actually is the LG F90) is the LG L90 with T-Mobile. There are a couple caveats though. The biggest two points are that the LG L90 T-mobile variant only has a 5MP camera and a 2460 battery while the LG volt has an 8MP camera and a 3000 battery...
  13. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

the ls740 seems to be only available as the volt on sprint and boost, it was not made available to any other providers or as a gsm phone. All LTE phones have a sim card, in cdma phones however it is not a full sim and is never removed.