sim card invalid problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. mp303

mp303 New Member

hello guys
    today i bought the optimus gt540, and played with it for a while without a sim card in it. later when i inserted a brand new sim card, the phone didnt recognise it, says invalid card. the card works on other phones, and other cards work in the optimus.
    i also put a pin code protection on the sim, and when optimus starts up it asks for the pin code.

please help

2. DexTyler

DexTyler Well-Known Member

This issue has been reported for 1.6 a few times. Updating to 2.1 fixes it.
  3. mp303

mp303 New Member

ive updated it and its still bugging me :\
  4. DexTyler

Hmm I'm no expert but perhaps try a hard reset. You will lose ALL personal data if you do though (apps, contacts etc).
  5. mp303

mp303 New Member

did that too, no help
    is the only soludion a new card?
  6. DexTyler

Well if that failed, maybe take it to the place you bought it from and ask them about it. It might be a hardware issue.
  7. dinomtk

dinomtk Member

I had the same problem, went back where I got the phone and they told me they had the same problem and just gave me the new sim card with the same number because my sim card was like 5 years old, and since then everything works just fine so I guess you will have to do the same. Even though I had some problems with sim card, like it would just tell me no sim card and then it would come back to imput PIN, but since I upgraded to 2.1 everything works perfectly fine.