• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SIM Card not recognised

jimdriver2

May 7, 2010
My S3 is no longer recognising any SIM cards.

I got a new phone that needed a Nano SIM so got an adaptor for the S3. It was fine when I first used it (had to use the nano with the S3 for a week whilst waited for new phone to arrive.) I then left the adaptor in the S3 (seemed like safest place to not lose it) but when I tried to use the SIM with it later it wouldn't work. A spare Micro SIM wouldn't read either.

I took it into a Samsung store today and they said the SIM reader pins are fine so it's not that the adaptor bent one of them. They also flashed the latest software to the S3 (it already had it but it was just to check something wasn't corrupted) but that didn't work either.

The Samsung guy reckoned it was something on the board that was broken and because the phone is out of warranty it will just be too expensive to get it fixed.

Anyone had anything similar and know what I could do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones