• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SIM Card questions!

NiklausPV

Lurker
Jan 27, 2014
I have a Galaxy S3 and am trading with a friend to his iPhone 5. Will he need to get his own SIM card for the GS3? Will I need to get the nano SIM changed in his phone? Am I over thinking this?

*Please do not give me crap about switching to an iPhone. I love Android, but I like to switch things up every once in a while. IMO iOs and Android both bring great things to the smartphone world...in their own ways.

Also, will switching my phone cancel the $11/month insurance plan or whatever I have?

Thank you in advance :)

i pulled a ninja edit on you.

I would use the cutter for your sim and if I were him i would use the adapter.

Once you put your sim in the iPhone 5 (assuming he is going to factory reset it before giving it to you) It should automatically activate it. To check it log in to your VZW acct from your PC and it should show you the iPhone as your active device. Also you could then check to make sure you still have the insurance.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones