• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SIM card/reception issues

I have a Samsung galaxy s4 and I used to occasionally get "no SIM card detected, restart device" or something along those lines. In the last week, these messages keet increasing and it is annoying to always restart your phone and not have any signal. Now, the phone seems to recognize the SIM card (after several phone restarts and taking the SIM card out and putting it back in), but I have no reception. It's just a circle with a line through it. I don't know what's wrong.

Try your card in another phone if possible to see if it's recognized. Faulty SIM card holders can be a problem in S4's as they are available as spare parts for replacement. I've had to remove the SIM and Micro SD card holders when renewing the circuit board. Just need care when removing as they are stuck down with tape. If your SIM card works in another phone (even in different Telco it will say it's wrong card) meaning it's OK, then it could be your Holder that's faulty. Neil.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones