SIM card removed. Reboot phone !!! ???

1. epidurall

epidurall New Member

I have the phone for about 2 weeks now, with 3-4 hours daily use. In the middle of a call this morning, it went silent and when turned on again, it displayed "SIM card removed. Reboot phone". I took the card out and put back in 3 times, but it still happens. Wi-Fi is working, phone is still running apps. I tried to press the SIM card tightly while trying to connect, but it's no good. A quick Google search does not show many people with this problem. Anyone has a quick solution before I call ATT or Samsung? Thank you for reading my problem.

Advertisement
    rajivd007 likes this.
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

In a situation like this i would restore my phone to factory settings(menu/settings/privacy/factory data reset). If it still happens then take the phone back to AT&T before your 30 days is up.
  3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Might not even be the phone. SIM cards are known to go bad, and it's pretty trivial for AT&T to swap you out with a new one.
    epidurall likes this.
  4. epidurall

epidurall New Member

I took the less invasive solution and swapped SIM cards with my wife's Solstice. The defective card can't be recognized by the other phone, while the Captivate works fine with the other card. Thank you for all your help.:)
  5. rajan

rajan New Member

I face the same issue after using Galaxy S for two wks or so. When I replaced my Airtel (India) SIM with MTNL SIM, I didn't find any difference -- problem is still there.

I started facing this issue only after I installed some 15-20 apps. Now I need to explore if this issue is due to one of those new applications. I'll start unisntalling apps one by one to check this.

By any chance if anyone has tried anything else that helped, please let me know.
  6. rajivd007

rajivd007 New Member

I have the same issue "SIM card removed. Please reboot phone" happens every 30 minutes on my T989D samsung galaxy II S X. It's unlocked and I'm with WIND. Any suggestions??