Sim card removed..Tips

Last Updated:

1. geetarstar

geetarstar Well-Known Member

So I was showing off my phone to my co-workers.. in short, the sim card was removed by one of them. (It's a really dumb story to elaborate how this happened.)

Now my phone is asking for the sim even though it's inserted. I'm getting a "Insert MetroPCS sim" notification and my service is gone.

I called MetroPCS support and they said it's something that cannot be done over the phone and can be brought to an authorized dealer, apparently its a simple fix that requires re-syncing.

Dose anyone know how to do this? or do I really have to go to an authorized dealer.

*sigh.. you'd think the red letters marked "DO NOT REMOVE" might give people the hint..

Please help..

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

It was removed while the phone was on wasnt it? I removed mine with it off and nothing happened. Probably wiped the profile off it.

Try this
    The service programming code is
    Open your dialer and put this in
    then put,
    that will take you to the service programming menu.
    geetarstar likes this.
  3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

the sim card is in backwards, turn it around. ;)
    geetarstar and ShinySide like this.
  4. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Or that Ahahahahahaha
  5. dulal18

dulal18 Well-Known Member

Lol I just came to say that look like problem was solved yay same happened to me the way they put the sign makes u confuse
  6. geetarstar

geetarstar Well-Known Member

Haha! it works now. It was on backwards.. When I put it back on after it was removed I thought the "Do not remove" part had to be facing out.. Thanks nuttmeg.

@ Shinyside thanks for the tip ;) I don't think you can remove the sim while phone is on because the battery is in the way.
  7. LeeoJohnson

LeeoJohnson Well-Known Member

OMFG thank you guys! I was having signal/data problems here in Tampa and for some reason I thought removing the SIM card would help. I also entered it into the slot backwards... Gah, that SIM card is a troll though, why would 'Do Not Remove' be on the part that doesn't show smh lol. Wow. Good night.

I swear I was about to go to T-Mobile and get that SG3 lol.