Sim card removed..Tips

Last Updated:

1. geetarstar

geetarstar Well-Known Member

So I was showing off my phone to my co-workers.. in short, the sim card was removed by one of them. (It's a really dumb story to elaborate how this happened.)

Now my phone is asking for the sim even though it's inserted. I'm getting a "Insert MetroPCS sim" notification and my service is gone.

I called MetroPCS support and they said it's something that cannot be done over the phone and can be brought to an authorized dealer, apparently its a simple fix that requires re-syncing.

Dose anyone know how to do this? or do I really have to go to an authorized dealer.

*sigh.. you'd think the red letters marked "DO NOT REMOVE" might give people the hint..

Please help..

Advertisement
  2. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

It was removed while the phone was on wasnt it? I removed mine with it off and nothing happened. Probably wiped the profile off it.

Try this
    The service programming code is
    Open your dialer and put this in
    ##626*
    then put,
    that will take you to the service programming menu.
    geetarstar likes this.
  3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

the sim card is in backwards, turn it around. ;)
    geetarstar and ShinySide like this.
  4. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Or that Ahahahahahaha
  5. dulal18

dulal18 Well-Known Member

Lol I just came to say that look like problem was solved yay same happened to me the way they put the sign makes u confuse
  6. geetarstar

geetarstar Well-Known Member

Haha! it works now. It was on backwards.. When I put it back on after it was removed I thought the "Do not remove" part had to be facing out.. Thanks nuttmeg.

@ Shinyside thanks for the tip ;) I don't think you can remove the sim while phone is on because the battery is in the way.
  7. LeeoJohnson

LeeoJohnson Well-Known Member

OMFG thank you guys! I was having signal/data problems here in Tampa and for some reason I thought removing the SIM card would help. I also entered it into the slot backwards... Gah, that SIM card is a troll though, why would 'Do Not Remove' be on the part that doesn't show smh lol. Wow. Good night.

I swear I was about to go to T-Mobile and get that SG3 lol.