SIM card type (mini or micro)- N7000 modelGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jcal0820

jcal0820 Well-Known Member

For the international N7000 Galaxy note, can someone confirm which GSM SIM card it takes, regular (mini?) or micro? I'm assuming it's the first, but need to verify. I plan on using it on one of the local networks in Afghanistan to finish out my deployment, and then when back stateside, switch the SIM to Straight Talk prepaid plan. I want to order to Straight Talk SIM card about 2 weeks prior to coming home.

2. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

The International Note uses a Regular (Mini) SIM card. The only devices I'm aware of that use a Micro SIM are the iPhone 4 and 4s.

Thanks for serving our country.
  3. rcheung28

rcheung28 Well-Known Member

All versions of the Galaxy Note use the regular sim. The only Samsung device that uses microSIM is the S3.
  4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

One X also uses a micro
  5. Eluviet

Eluviet Well-Known Member

Wrong forum mate :)
  6. jcal0820

jcal0820 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the feedback... just one thing. While I'm using out here, I'll most likely get a SIM card from MTN, one of the few mobile services in country, based in S. Africa I believe... even in the most remote region out here, service works, and many local nationals here have that service, with one guy actually using MTN for voice, MMS, and Data on a jailbroken iPhone 4 (w/ micro SIM). He says he'll help me set up mine with it arrives... I'm assuming setting up the APN shouldn't be a problem (they use 2G Edge in this country)?