SIM card won't allow network connection

1. Hexad Tom

Hexad Tom New Member

Hi all. I just bought a new, unlocked Optimus one P500. When I transferred my SIM card (AT&T) from my old phone to the P500 and selected AT&T as the network, it tries to register and then says "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network." What could I be doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Hexad Tom

Hexad Tom New Member

One other point. When I turn the phone on, it shows a Virgin Mobile logo. Does this mean the phone is not unlocked?
  3. Hexad Tom

Hexad Tom New Member

I finally got it to do something different. Now when I do an automatic registration, it says it registers, but when I try to make a call, it says it is not registered. I am beginning to believe that the phone is locked to Virgin Mobile. Does this sound like the reason I am having trouble?
  4. vienneaur

vienneaur Member

I am really new at this but I have bought an unlocked phone from Atlantic Cel (cel repair shop) and it show the Telus logo when I boot but it does recognize the Rogers sim card. I believe that all used and new phones were locked at one time unless you bought directly from a manufacturer (ie Apple) or abroad. I have looked into buying a Samsung Galaxy S3 and everywhere I look (except for Chinese supplier reliable?), it is a locked unit. Rogers recently charged me 50$ for a 4s iphone for my daughter. Even if you don't have a contract, it does not mean it's unlocked!!!:mad:
  5. merri

merri New Member

I also purchased an unlocked p500 with virgin on it. It was unlocked but some of the settings seem to be in the version of the OS which is confusing my new carrier. You may have a similar problem. I have not yet fond a solution but I am looking at the information on rooting.