1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

SIM card won't delete contactsSupport

1. macross33

macross33 New Member

I just purchased a new S4 yesterday and I want to clean up all my contacts. Part of that is deleting the contacts on the SIM card once I have created new full featured ones. From what I have read I should be able to dot his but my phone refuses to.

I go to contacts>show sim contacts>hold down on a contact> select delete> and a message pops up saying contact deleted.

Problem is the contact is still right there no matter how many times I tell it to delete them. I understand the different types of contacts and I have the contacts only showing SIM contacts with the SIm card symbol next to them.

Is it possible my sim card is locked somehow? The card had contacts transferred out of my old smile phone by a tmobile rep yesterday.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, macross33.

I was puzzled until your last sentence. ;)

Take it back and tell the floor monkey the issue, give him or her some peanuts and ask for advice on removing the contacts in question (and any future manipulation of your SIM card).