SIM Card?Support

1. Chris82

Chris82 Member

Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy S2 takes a micro sim card? I am going to be using my iPhones 4 micro sim card in it will it work or do i need a adapter?

Advertisement
  2. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

Blu Tak maybe
  3. Chris82

Chris82 Member

isn't a micro only shorter? same width as a full sim
  4. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member

No, I think it is smaller all around. Going by this O2 page it can't be used unless it is still in its normal sim frame.
  5. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A genuine Micro SIM compared to 2 cut down SIMs
  6. uktivo

uktivo Well-Known Member

Im using mine with a micro sim + adaptor.
  7. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Does it not take the same SIM cards as in the original SGS?
  8. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Yep, it does, the OP is wondering whether it will also take his micro SIM though, since he is coming from an iPhone 4. I think short answer is that it will not take a micro SIM, unless these adapters people mentioned are around.
    Beards likes this.
  9. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Ahh... thanks. Misunderstood.
  10. justabrake

justabrake Well-Known Member

I have the micro sim from my iphone 4 and I have been using a cheap AT&T phone with an adapter in it , I'm planning to buy the AT&T SGS2 Sunday probably outright so I don't have to sign a new contract and upgrade with a partial, So if I bought it outright should I activate it with the new sim or should I just drop in my adapter with the micro sim ?
  11. 3waygeek

3waygeek Well-Known Member

You could probably get them to give you a new SIM even if you don't switch plans. I was able to replace my SIM a month or so ago without question. However, tomorrow will probably be a busy day for them, so you might want to use your current SIM for the time being, and get a new one later when they aren't so busy.
    justabrake likes this.
  12. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

You could just buy a sim card for a couple of quid from the supermarket or get one sent free from your providers website for free. Then get your imei number, sorry can't remember the code to put in you can google it. I search but battery low. Phone them and transfer number.
  13. o0ops

o0ops New Member

just type *#06# and your phone will show the IMEI.