• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SIM Change Alert via SMS on Nexus 5

Not that I'm aware of, or at least I've never gotten a message when switching SIM cards.

I have Sprint as a carrier, and I know they have to register the phone on their networks first before switching SIM cards will do anything other than preventing my phone from working. I imagine you could (with quite a bit of effort) hack a phone to get it to change carriers, depending on the carrier, etc.

In effect though, all the SIM card is for me is another set of authentication strings.

Upvote 0
FYI:

Nexus devices are more or less intended to be rooted, and I don't believe rooting the Nexus 5 voids its warranty. There are some very easy was to go about doing it, even keeping everything nice and stock (what I prefer) but with the added functionality and customizability that rooting provides. I've done this with three different Nexus 5s so far without any issues: http://androidforums.com/nexus-5-al...-5-easy-rooting-guide-using-cf-auto-root.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones