SIM contact list disappears!Support

Last Updated:

1. rohit.dhamija

rohit.dhamija New Member This Topic's Starter

I have been using galaxy 3 from past 1 month without any issues. But suddenly following issue has come into picture

" Contacts" list no more shows any contacts [Whereas I do have 100+ contacts in my SIM card. ]

Strangely the "Call log" list shows the contact details properly.
    If i get a call from any saved contact, I am able to see "Name" and "Phone number" properly on my screen

Also, if I type any phone number (which is saved in my SIM card) and then press call button, then screen automatically displays contact name.

But "contacts" list remains empty. As suggested in some other forum I did a "Factory Reset". Using factory reset, I was able get all the contacts listed. {Though I lost all my installed apps}. But after one day, again my "contacts" list got LOST..

Why is it happening? Is outside app's corrupting the "contacts" list?
    Any idea how to resolve the issue? How can I get back my contact list to visible state? {The contact list is there, but is invisible}
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

Hey rohit,

If you go to contacts, hit the menu button, then hit display options, make sure that SIM Card is checked off. Let me know if that solved it!

3. bratick

bratick Member

Go to conacts->menu "Button"->Display Options and Chose contacts to display :)

4. rohit.dhamija

rohit.dhamija New Member This Topic's Starter

U solved it. Thanks

5. roulihk

roulihk New Member

hi!
    i m having the same problem with the sim contacts but there seems to be an additional problem with my phone..i go to display options and the only option is ''phone'' and the ''gmail''!!!until a few hours ago sim contact were showing..they re also shown in the call history!
    thanks in advance

6. hynes_eric

hynes_eric New Member

''hi!
    i m having the same problem with the sim contacts but there seems to be an additional problem with my phone..i go to display options and the only option is ''phone'' and the ''gmail''!!!until a few hours ago sim contact were showing..they re also shown in the call history!
    thanks in advance ''

Hi,

I have the above same issue.

Can anyone please advise me on how fix this problem??

replies greatly appreciated!!

Thanks & Regards,

Eric