SIM Contacts Missing After Killing App Using Task ManagerSupport

1. cerbius

cerbius New Member

Hi everyone,

I just got my EVO 3D from Rogers a few days ago and so far I'm really enjoying it. However, I seem to have a lingering problem: whenever I use the included task manager to kill the "People" app, all my contacts saved to my SIM card disappear until I restart the phone. Contacts saved to my Gmail account and phone seem to be unaffected by the issue -- only contacts saved onto my SIM card are affected. I know you're not supposed to routinely kill apps these days, but this issue still bothers me. Has anybody else experienced something like this?

Advertisement
    marctronixx likes this.
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator VIP Member

that's it. that's the reason. when you kill a process like that you cause more harm than good. there is nothing wrong with your handset.

there is a wonderful thread on here that speaks about the task manager. i suggest reading it if you are not familiar with how Android manages the processes. if you cant find the link i will post it for you.
  3. cerbius

cerbius New Member

Thanks for your reply! I read that thread last night so I probably won't be killing apps again anytime soon. :p

Good to know there isn't anything inherently wrong with my handset itself.
    marctronixx likes this.