1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SIM from iPhone to Captivate?

1. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

Im getting my Captivate soon, and I currently have the unlimited data with at&t for my iPhone. Can i simply remove my sim card from the iPhone and start using it in the captivate? I dont want to take a chance of them messing up my account and losing my unlimited plan.

Matt

Advertisement
    :
  2. thejtl

thejtl Well-Known Member

That's what I did.
  3. blackhemi

awesome, I think im going to try that. Less potential headaches that way :)
  4. Steemax

Steemax Well-Known Member

Same here :D and the AT&T employee left my iphone unlimited data plan on since theres no difference.
  5. Futang44

Futang44 Active Member

Only dif is the visual voicemail. They switched mine and let me keep data...
  6. blackhemi

no biggie for me, i have my google voice for voicemail, and google voice also does my cell number from at&t.

I cant wait for this phone!!!
  7. jblaze5779

jblaze5779 Well-Known Member

unless you have the iphone4 which uses a micro sim
  8. blackhemi

3gs. did not have a desire to go past 3gs....and im glad. the death grip would have been no good for me :)
  9. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

Checked my online account before I took the sim card out of the iphone and it showed I had an iphone. After I switched sims, logged onto my account and it showed I had the Captivate.
  10. texas_archer

texas_archer Member

I had the Iphone 1st Gen (Edge) and they took my SIM card from my Iphone and put it in my Captivate.
  11. blackhemi

I bought my Captivate today, walked to my truck, took my sim out of the iphone, put it in the Captivate, powered on, made a phone call. :) Works great, and I love this phone.
  12. CLRana9017

CLRana9017 Active Member

Be wary, though. Sometimes, they make you activate a new SIM so you can agree to the new contract. They made me do that and I almost lost my unlimited data plan and, for S&G, they took away my messaging plan. I was so angry that I made them put back both plans and give me credit.
  13. feefay

feefay New Member

For those of you who used your iphone sim on a captivate and kept your unlimited data plan, did you buy the phone at the full price or could you get upgrade pricing?
  14. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

how about the other way around. can i take the sim card out of my captivate and put it back in my iphone 3G? Going to the beach and i rater take my old 3G to the sand rather then my new device.
  15. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

yea, it works the same way