• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SIM Not Allowed MM#3 Consumer Cellular

JerryAL

Lurker
Dec 11, 2013
I bought an unlocked Samsung Captivate Glide on Amazon to use on Consumer Cellular, and of course it won't accept my SIM card.

SIM Not Allowed MM#3

What bothers me is that a few people on Amazon said they were able to get it to work on Consumer Cellular after calling them.

So I called Consumer Cellualr twice and neither customer service rep could get it going.

Any thoughts or should I just return it?

Thanks,

Jerry

I'd contact Amazon first, for an RMA (return material authorization), just so that there won't be any complaint later. (See if they'll send you [or let you print, however they do it] a UPS or someone's shipping label, so that you don't have to pay the return shipping.) Then I'd return it. And I'd leave a comment - nothing nasty, just that the phone wasn't unlocked, as it was claimed to be.

Upvote 0
JerryAL, what did you end up doing? I am currently having the same problem with this phone. My current sim card and my daughter's won't work so I'm waiting for a new sim card from Consumer Cellular to see if that works. I've also considered taking it to an AT&T store to see if the phone is actually unlocked. Otherwise, I'll be returning the phone and getting a different one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones