SIM Tollkit soundGeneral

1. ionut.belea

ionut.belea New Member

Hi,
    I have a HTC Desire HD and since got it, I didn`t managed to change the sound that plays when I receive a notification through SIM Tollkit service.

I tried to create on SD a folder named audio/ui and put a sound there bur did not work.
    Also found a post that guided me to system/media/audio/ui and told that effect_tick.ogg is the sound but it isn`t.

Can someone help me in changin that sound? If it can help, maybe you attach the sound to confirm it.

Best regards,
    Ionut

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Move the sound you want to the notifications folder (on the root of the SD Card) and it should appear in the list of files you get when go to select a notification sound.

To get that menu, open the message app, then hit the menu button, then settings. The first set of options you get is Notifications.

That help?
  3. ionut.belea

ionut.belea New Member

Hi, no, because that is not a notification, as I understood is a system sound.
  4. El Presidente

When you say SMS Toolkit service, do you just mean when you receive an SMS or is this another app you're talking about.

Seriously, try the above, it should work no problem if it's just the standard SMS app on the phone.
  5. ionut.belea

ionut.belea New Member

Hi,
    It is only the "SMS/notification" received that plays a sound. I selected setings, sound, notification sound. Here is a list of sounds and it is selected an mp3 and for notifications, this works fine, but as I said above, that sound is not a notification because it plays a short "beep".
  6. El Presidente

What exactly is the SIM Toolkit Service? Apologies, I'd misread SIM as SMS....
  7. ionut.belea

ionut.belea New Member

In SIM Toolkit Service menu

There are services offered by telecom provider. For example I use it to receive through network information for my bank account.