SIM Toolkit

Last Updated: 2011-07-26 15:26:04
  1. benchmark

benchmark Well-Known Member

On my Desire , under Menu>settings>programs>administer programs there is a program called 'SIM Toolkit'.
    Is it possible to use that program somewhere in the phone?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Fatwaz

Fatwaz Well-Known Member

press the arrow button botom left of screen to bring up all programs on phone and its there
  3. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

It's shown in the apps too, SIM Toolkit.
  4. fried

fried Well-Known Member

I've got SIM Toolkit listed under all programs, but it's not what I thought it was going to be. Clicking on it brings up a list of things like horoscopes, music videos, chat etc. - T-Mobile services I assume as they're my service provider. I thought SIM Toolkit was going to be a set of tools to do things like backing up the SIM card, but it isn't. Based on what I've seen, you're really not missing much!
  5. benchmark

Thats strange, its not listed with my programs . Any way i can add it to the list so that it appears with the other programs?

My HTC desire is an unlocked phone, can it be because i am not bound to any subscriber?
  6. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

I use an O2 sim card and my phone is sim free and unbranded, SIM Toolkit lists:-

Voicemail
    Top Up Credit
    Customer Srv
    Traffic Line
    UK Directory
    Int'l Directory
    Info Hotline
    Bolt Ons
    Get Settings (which doesn't work)
  7. benchmark

It looks like its a carrier related function, maybe my carrier didnt activate it.
  8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

yep its your network things, had the same on non android phones too. Typically they are full of pay for media and games that work terribly with the desire, because the are meant for non-smartphones.
  9. rickrabies

rickrabies Well-Known Member

SIM toolkit? for a VZW droid 2 can the sim toolkit be deleted?
  10. jeremy_inc

jeremy_inc Well-Known Member

Doubt you could delete the SIM toolkit, it comes up on any type of phone you have, its part of SIM2. It's not really an app so can't see any point of deleting it.
    If you use a different launcher you could hide it from the menu
  11. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

You can remove it if you're S-OFF/using a custom ROM. Just remove stk.apk from /system/app

I have no use for it and remove as soon as I can on my own ROMs
  12. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I remove it from every rom I use too. Its size is tiny, but look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.