SIM unlock available in your AT&T online account?

Last Updated:

1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I logged into my AT&T account and saw they show the Captivate as my phone (funny since I didnt change it, I bought the Captivate at Best Buy with no contract and put the SIM from my iPhone in).

Next to the phone though, it says...

PUK Code - Unblock SIM Card If your phone/device is requesting a PUK code, learn how to unblock your SIM card.

If I click on the "Unblock SIM Card", it gives me an 8 digit code that it says to type in when the phones asks for the PUK Code which I assume would happen if I put in a SIM card from another carrier.

Advertisement
  2. guy2545

guy2545 New Member

The PUK code is used when you have a pin setup for the AT&T sim card. The PUK code is only used when the pin for the sim card has been entered too many times. It has nothing to do with the carrier lock that prevents you from using a difference company's sim card.

3. 99831

99831 New Member

PUK is to unblock your sim card incase you have blocked it by entering incorrect PIN too many times (note: SIM PIN and not phone PIN). This has nothing to do with carrier unlock.

4. Sharkonwheels

Sharkonwheels Well-Known Member

You have to call in for an unlock, and they open a case that is handled by a whole other department.

I think there's a thread named Unlock the Captivate of something like that here, where I pasted what that other dept. asked me to fax in.

T