1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SIM unlocking Acer Liquid ESupport

1. johnnycarrson

johnnycarrson Member

Hello All,
    I have an Acer Liquid E and am current on Rogers in Canada. I have installed LCR 2.0 on my Acer and i was under the impression that my phone was now SIM unlocked. However I powered off my phone, inserted a Sprint (US) SIM card and powered on the phone. When it booted up it asked me for a unlock code. Does anyone know if there are any tools or utilities that i can use to SIM unlock my phone or do i need to buy a unlock code? If i do in fact need to buy one are there any reputable sites that people have used?

I am leaving on a trip to the UK soon and was hoping to use my phone with a different SIM while away...

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Did not know that Sprint had SIM cards since they are a CDMA network.

If you call your network and tell them you need an unlock code for travelling, they might give you one for free. Really depends on the network tho.

I have heard that this unlock code works. $14.40 isn't too bad (I don't think. Not sure how much something like this usually goes for)- UNLOCK CODE for ROGERS ACER LIQUID - eBay (item 200491966946 end time Apr-01-11 06:43:09 PDT) (he only sells unlock codes for Canadian phones and has a 99.2% positive rating out of 964 ratings).

EDIT (after some reading around, it looks like the third method I provided does not work for Rogers Liquid E so I can't recommend it).
  3. thcmike420

thcmike420 New Member

igot code from ebay. canadaexpress was the name i think. next day was in emal\
  4. bsims7

bsims7 Member

I have an acer liquid e and i cant find a free code anywhere. Help? I dont have a credit card, so cant buy one online.
  5. leanjones22

leanjones22 New Member

I honestly gave up.
  6. bsims7

bsims7 Member

I rooted my acer kiquid e, what now? I used unlockroot
  7. bsims7

bsims7 Member

, rooted as well, still gant get past sim unlock! Cant find free codes, and dont know how to do it without it
  8. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

call the phone carrier and ask them the code