• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sim usage in different area

NoamAS

Jun 9, 2014
Israel
Hi all .

In the latest week I was using prepaid sim ( Dutch ) instead of my own sim . When I purchased the sim , the salesman made a few changes in my phone 's configuration ( I couldn't see what kind of changes and for some reason didn't ask him either ). Could you please tell me what should be changed before I'm putting in my sim back ? ( data roaming , etc )

I'm using 4.4.4 , stock version .

Thx !

Hi all .

In the latest week I was using prepaid sim ( Dutch ) instead of my own sim . When I purchased the sim , the salesman made a few changes in my phone 's configuration ( I couldn't see what kind of changes and for some reason didn't ask him either ). Could you please tell me what should be changed before I'm putting in my sim back ? ( data roaming , etc )

I'm using 4.4.4 , stock version .

Thx !

You should be able to just eject your Pre-Paid SIM and then reinstall the old SIM card then power off and then power back on the device and the SIM should be detected. You might have to go into "/Settings/More/Mobile Network Settings/" and make sure that "Data Enabled" (I also have "Data Roaming enabled) is checked and turned on and that the "Preffered Network Type" is set to "LTE Recommend" and then scroll down to "Access Point Names" and make sure that your Carrier network is selected for your SIM card that your using. You might have to edit the APN settings for your Carrier... A simple Google search should provide you with the proper APN settings.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Reactions: NoamAS
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones