1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

"simple" controlled psx games...

Last Updated:

1. griswolds53

griswolds53 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry if this has been asked, but now that the psx emulator is up and running...what games do you guys think translate best with a touch screen? I was thinking Broken Sword, or some of the point and click games? I have a hard time controling fast motion games on the touch screens, and using 8 buttons and two controls stick on a 3.7" screen is tough for me. I was hoping that there were some simple controlled type games to try...
    thanks for your input! :)

Advertisement
  2. uoY_redruM

uoY_redruM Well-Known Member

I haven't tried many (yet) and I will fair warn you that my answer is not productive.

Resident Evil is NOT a good choice LOL

Its really hard to shoot zombies coming at you with the on-screen d-pad and R button..

3. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

RE3 with the wiimote is pretty fun

4. griswolds53

ok. curiosity got the better of me and after rumaging though all of my old games i only found gameday 2002, madden, and Populous. i have to say...gameday runs awesome, and is much easier to control then i though it would be. I was having a hard time with games on the NES emulator. this seems easier to play! Populous, however...is hard to play, but runs good. screen is just hard to see with all the little minions running around...i did not even bother with madden. i saw some posts that said ea games are not working. overall i am really impressed with this!

5. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

I figured I would give a more productive answer. RPG's would definitely be the best candidates for touch screen gaming. Followed by racing games.

6. broads desire

broads desire Well-Known Member

i found resident evil ok to control tbh.. use a finger on R to aim and thumbs to control ...

crash bandicoot is quite easy to control if you take your time..

abes oddysee is a bit of a fail atm as cant creep/tip toe due to lack of button but otherwise seems good.

i wanna know what tomb raider 2 handles like.. anyone tried it ?

7. griswolds53

I could not get tomb raider 2 to work. Ripped it from a disk to an ISO. Maybe another format would work. It loads and looks great until you get to lauras house then it crashes. I am officially out of games. Off to eBay to procure some cheapies.

8. dmac250

dmac250 Well-Known Member

i cant get most of the files ive downloaded from romnation etc. to work ....crash b. never worked...twisted metal did...and dyno crisis did...i cant find any other ones that work so far.

9. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

The only iso ive tried is Tomb Raider 2 - same result as poster above, it loads and gets to the start screen, but won't go past that to actually play. HTC Incredible. I will try some other TR games as they are at the top of my alltime fav games.

10. ursuchascene

ursuchascene New Member

I've tried Tekken 3 and it works great on my GS2..will try dance dance revo next time, bet it would work well..btw im using fpse, only emu i've tried so far..what bothers me is the analog control, how do i make that work.. i'd love having analog directional control with the digital function keys..