• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simple DIY for putting charger cable in right way

Zx5

May 30, 2012
Everytime I would go to put the cable in to charge my Optimus Elite, I would try and see if the small side of the connector was on top, the picture of the USB symbol was on top and/or the LG logo was on the bottom. Typically, I'd have to hold it in the light.

Frequently, I would end up trying to put the cable in with wrong side up and have to flip it.

Just put a small piece of duct tape or piece of sticker on the USB symbol side so you know every time that's the side that should be facing up... :D

35ko0t3.jpg

lmfao. Did you really need 5 pictures to say "put something on one side of if so you can tell them apart easier"? Also, the tape falls off after a while. Nail polish has worked pretty well for me in the past.

The thing is, I went a whole two months of holding the cable up to the light, repeatedly putting it in the wrong way, etc.

So, I'm sure someone else can benefit from my post.

As for the illustration; if I just said something like "put tape on the USB side" - not everybody out there is going to catch onto to what I am saying.

Yes, it is simple - but the pictures clearly show what to do.

Reactions: Murf1
Upvote 0
I also read the directions on how to squeeze toothpaste from a tube, let alone unscrew the cap and peel the little aluminum piece off......jeez why do things have to be so complex these days.

Oh and don't forget about the Kool aid kool bursts, twist cap off gently now.

Just because you're aware of this or figured it out yourself, doesn't mean that everyone else reading this forum has. Sometimes the simple things need to be pointed out/reminded to others.

If you already know this, move on - no need to post your sarcasm.

Reactions: Murf1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones