Simple Email Client

1. RonCampbell

RonCampbell New Member

Does anyone know of an email client program (for Samsung Galaxy Tab2 running Android) that will delete the messages from the server as it retrieves them? The programs I've tried all leave the messages on the server, so you have to go online to delete them. To me, that defeats the purpose of the email client: if you're going to have to go online anyway, why not just use webmail?

Advertisement
  2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Every email client I've used can be set to delete mail on the server. Check the server settings if IMAP, incoming server settings if a POP3 account.
  3. Cowboy905

Cowboy905 Active Member

they all do, sometimes it takes a few minutes though.
  4. RonCampbell

RonCampbell New Member

After two weeks of frustration, I'm giving up. Used two different email clients, same results:
    - emails sent to me MIGHT go as far as the server, no fUrther.
    - or they MIGHT go to my tablet and also stay on the server.
    - or they MIGHT go to my tablet and later disappear.
    - or they MIGHT stay on my tablet and later disappear from server.
    Send 5 emails to myself at the same time, I'll likely get 5 different results. Life's too short to struggle with this, I'll use webmail.
  5. iwin

iwin Member

You can delete it from the trash without logging in which may delete your mails from the server as well.
  6. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

I use K9 and it has that option. Well, it has the option to 'delete downloaded messages from server'. Don't know how long that process takes as I don't use my email like that. Of course, it may take until the next 'sync' to actually let the server know they should be deleted.

Dave