SIMPLE LED Flashlight Question (Galaxy S3)

1. Jdub412

Jdub412 Member

Looking for a flashlight app that doesn't open a screen, just turns on the LED flashlight. I know I can do this with widgets, but I want it on the bottom row (launch dock or whatever it is called).

It seems like an app like this would make sense, you really don't need a screen to pop up, you just want to quickly turn on the light, and since you want it on quickly, it makes the most sense to put it in the bottom row that is always there.

Advertisement
    :
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I don't know of an app that does this, but a different launcher would work. Nova launcher is based on the stock ICS/JB launcher with some added features. One of the features is you can place 1x1 widgets in the dock.
  3. Jdub412

Jdub412 Member

Cool, I'll give it a try!

Any other launcher suggestions for a Galaxy S3 to can hold 1x1 widgets?
  4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I personally would only try Nova or Apex. Those are the only 2 I know that have been based on Android 4.0+. I personally prefer Nova, but I've heard Apex is really good too.
  5. Jdub412

Jdub412 Member

The only other one I have heard good things about is GO
  6. Jdub412

Jdub412 Member

I didn't like any of those launchers at all. Guess I gotta settle for the widget on the home screen.
  7. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

8. Jdub412

Jdub412 Member

9. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

I use it from my home screen and it doesn't open up a screen, it just turns the light on? Tap it again and it turns off.

I can dock it too and it works exactly the same way.

If I open it from the app drawer that is when it opens up a screen..
  10. Jdub412

Jdub412 Member

hmm, I downloaded it again to double check after you mentioned it and I can't get it to work that way - I looked at all the settings too.
  11. Jdub412

Jdub412 Member

Nevermind - I got it! For some reason, the widget from Tesla LED can go in the bottom row...

The first time I opened the widget, it pulled up the screen/page for the app, the second time, it only changed whether the LED was on or off.

Thanks!

PS - the app comes with two widgets, IIRC, it only works with the simpler looking one
  12. Skull Nokker

Skull Nokker Active Member