• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SIMPLE LED Flashlight Question (Galaxy S3)

Jdub412

Nov 23, 2012
Looking for a flashlight app that doesn't open a screen, just turns on the LED flashlight. I know I can do this with widgets, but I want it on the bottom row (launch dock or whatever it is called).

It seems like an app like this would make sense, you really don't need a screen to pop up, you just want to quickly turn on the light, and since you want it on quickly, it makes the most sense to put it in the bottom row that is always there.

Upvote 0
I use it from my home screen and it doesn't open up a screen, it just turns the light on? Tap it again and it turns off.

I can dock it too and it works exactly the same way.

If I open it from the app drawer that is when it opens up a screen..

hmm, I downloaded it again to double check after you mentioned it and I can't get it to work that way - I looked at all the settings too.

Upvote 0
Nevermind - I got it! For some reason, the widget from Tesla LED can go in the bottom row...

The first time I opened the widget, it pulled up the screen/page for the app, the second time, it only changed whether the LED was on or off.

Thanks!

PS - the app comes with two widgets, IIRC, it only works with the simpler looking one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones