Simple noob question....

Last Updated:

1. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I notice when people post, every time they flash a different ROM they do a nandroid backup of it. My question is, when you backup via ROM Manager, does that backup replace the current backup or is it stored with multiple backups...giving you the choice to restore back to anything stored as a backup. I have never had to restore back to my backup...maybe I should practice.... Anyway, just wondering if you end up with multiple backups or if the current one replaces the previous one where you only have one backup at any time....

Advertisement
  2. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member

Each nandroid backup is a seperate backup. It does not replace the last backup. Depending on which recovery your using, it should be in a folder in your sdcard. Clockwork recovery has a folder named clockwork for your nandroids. Amon-Recovery has a folder named nandroid. Once you do a nandroid, you can change the name of your backup, remember NOT to put any spaces in the name. Keep it simple, for example... Myns22OCed Or CM610

Hope this helps.

flyjbaker likes this.
  3. flyjbaker

Thank you sir. So you end up having numerous backups in either of those folders???

4. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member

If your just updating a backup of the same rom, you can delete the older ones. I have 1 backup of each rom I use. Also good to copy your nandroids to your computer incase your sdcard gets corrupted or fails.

flyjbaker likes this.
  5. flyjbaker

Excellent advice!!!

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I rename mine so I know what's up

7. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

I have had much better success creating a nandroid from the recovery menu than just creating a backup via ROM Manager. Either way, I rename them as well. 1 Stock nandroid, 1 Myn nandroid. I just deleted my Fresh nandroid because I NEVER used it again.