Simple problem regarding vibrate but I can't find a solutionSupport

Last Updated:

1. thaprofessor33

thaprofessor33 Member This Topic's Starter

I searched and could not find this posted yet. Here is what I am trying to do. I want my phone to only vibrate when I receive calls and text/email notifications while I am at work. When the phone is set to vibrate it will vibrate when I get a call, but a notification via email or text will cause it to make a sound. I know I can turn the sound off, but I want to know when I get one in a quiet manner (vibrate). I have went into where you can set the ringer and notification volume as the same and then turned the phone to vibrate thinking this would work but it does not. I tried everything I can think of and I know there must be a solution. Any others having this issue or have a solution?

By the way, I love my Droid. The Verizon network makes this phone better than the iPhone that I switched from.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. fireshaper

fireshaper Well-Known Member

Use Locale. It will let you set all kinds of settings based on your GPS location.

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

do you have another 3rd party app giving you audible notification of sms/emails? if you set the phone to vibe,it should only vibe unless there's another app involved.

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

You have to set each application to vibrate. Under Messaging go to Settings and there is an option for vibrate for the SMS/MMS
    under email and gmail you have to do the same for those.

5. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

"Toggle Settings" is great for this. You can customize it greatly. Just configure the profiles for one-touch changes to your volumes based on a profile that you select.

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I second using Locale. It basically changes your phones ring/notification profile based on time of day or location. You only have to set it up once. I personally have not used it, but it seems extremely nice and others have stated that it works very well.

7. thaprofessor33

Thanks for the quick reply guys.....some good tips on these boards. My issue is solved.

8. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

wouldn't locale require you to have your gps on all the time, and thus drain the battery more quickly?

9. thaprofessor33

This is why I am using Howie's tip. I don't keep the GPS on all the time.

10. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

it would if you wish it to automatically change based on location. It also has the ability to change based on time that you select.

11. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

You can just set it up for time. I just have mine set to go on vibrate 15 minutes before my work day starts until 15 minutes after. Any other time that will be turned off. No GPS necessary unless you want it that way.

To the OP: I just downloaded it, and it does have the option to lower the ring and notification volumes to vibrate separately. I can confirm that it works.