Simple question, needs simple quick answer

Last Updated:

1. kongo101

kongo101 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Please don't flame, but I haven't found the answer to this and using search didn't work.

I'm rooted with 2.1 (SPRecovery), and haven't made the switch to 2.2 yet. I want to get to 2.2 rooted (FRG22) and eventually get to Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.5.

Here's the question: which of these methods do I use?

1. Flash to stock 2.1 FIRST, then go to 2.2 rooted (so I can follow the "How To" in sticky)

2. Just do a standard backup, wipe, and install of Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.5 ROM directly using SPRecovery from 2.1 rooted, like it just another ROM

3. Flash to 2.2. OTA first by using SPRecovery and the OTA zip file (renamed to update.zip for SPR), then get to 2.2 rooted.

I'm not sure if these are even good options.... any help?

I know what I'm doing with these ROMS and such, just need a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks in advance~

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

3. kevin24lg

kevin24lg Member

4. Lock-N-Load

he's rooted already, so why not just jump to the ROM he wants, no?

5. kongo101

That's why I wasn't sure. I didn't know if I had to get to 2.2 first before I could flash a 2.2 ROM.

And I didn't want to just flash 2.2 OTA from 2.1 like the sticky said, because it said it was for stock 2.1, and I wasn't sure if it would cause a problem.

6. kevin24lg

kevin24lg Member

Actually you're absolutely right. The thought crossed my mind to suggest that, but some little voice was telling me you should be at 2.2. Had a momentary lapse of intelligence....eh, do what he says. I like his idea better.

7. Lock-N-Load

isn't going from 2.1 rooted to 2.2 FRG01B (or FRG22) rooted going from 2.1 to 2.2?

if so, then what's the diff in going from 2.1 rooted to a themed 2.2 root ROM? why the middle step?

for you, I see the only good reason to go to FRG01B or FRG22 first would be to get a stable 2.2 rooted ROM running and working, make a backup of that, then go to your themed ROM of choice. this way, if the theme blows, you can at least roll back to a backup of a 2.2 stable rooted vanilla ROM and try something else rather than going back to lesser cool 2.1 rooted.

I am not much into themes at this stage, and so FRG01B vanilla 2.2 rooted is cool with me as just being rooted opens a ton of cool doors I use daily. BUT if I wanted a theme, at least I would have a backup of a nice stable 2.2 ROM "in case"

8. kongo101

I didn't need a middle step... I was just wondering if that was needed or not.

Thanks for the help~

9. Lock-N-Load

BUT consider my point for that "middle step" as it does have value.. though no required