Simple Root help

Last Updated:

1. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I'm a complete n00b in the process of rooting and am having an issue. In the beginning sequence where the PC36IMG.zip is being pushed, I get the error "Failed to copy 'eng-PC36IMG.zip' to '/sdcard/PC36IMG.zip': permission denied." Same thing happened to the mtd-eng.img and flash_image files. I took a screencap:

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5223/helpplz.jpg

What's my next move? I've downloaded the requirements (HTC Sync and .NET) and upgraded Simple Root. Running on Windows 7 x64.

Advertisement
  2. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

Do you have debugging turned on in your settings?
    (Menu>Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging)

3. SoFLO

Yes.

I'm holding off using Simple Root for now as an AF member is planning on helping me using another method.

4. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

Sorry, I've never used Simple Root, I did mine manually via toast 1&2. I don't want to guess at why it's denying you permission to write to the SD card, but I would wonder if the properties/permissions are set to read only rather than read/write. But having no hands on experience with that method, I don't think I can help you.

5. SoFLO

It's alright I appreciate the effort, at least someone replied :p

6. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

make sure your SD card is not mounted as a hard drive. Set it to charge only.

7. SoFLO

Yup it was set to charge only. Well after we explored every possible method (and failed) we both thought we should give Simple Root one more try. For some reason, it worked this time. No difference between the first or second time...it just worked.

8. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You just had to look away, then once you looked back at your Evo, DIAMONDS.

9. SoFLO

LOL I'm telling you man, they should've mentioned that on the download page.