• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Simple Root instructions

I am trying to follow these instructions but when the update software asks me to plug in my phone, windows tells me it's unrecognized, even though, earlier in the day, I mounted the phone with no issues trying to follow these steps.

Anyone know wtf windows is being ******ed on this?

And I just mounted it again, just to be sure and it mounted no problems.

Upvote 0
One quick question, so if I do the above procedure, will I be able to remove some of the stock sprint apps? Thats all I want to do is remove some of them. Once I root it i can remove them? Do i have to install another app to remove them after its rooted??
Thanks

Edit: Do i have to remove the sd card from the phone to root it? Or can i just connect the phone via USB chord? My laptop is pretty old and doesn't have a port for SD cards.

Upvote 0
I think I did everything right as per the instructions above. I rebooted the moment doing hangup+camera+volume down and my phone says downloading with a floppy disk image and says "DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!!" How long does it take? Also it looks like there's a bar to monitor the progress but there's been none.

EDIT: does port setting matter? the only one that works is COM3 anyhoo.

Upvote 0
Pasta...the install file is MR2_DE03...but i'm currently running MR4_DJ07....isn't this a step (or six) backwards?....is there a root conversion for the *current* version?

I wrote those instructions months ago when I had a Moment. Since I don't anymore, I wouldn't be the best person to update it. If anyone would like to update the info, I would be happy to add it to the guide sticky.

Upvote 0
Okay, I've tried everything listed here, download this, go to this thread, update this, etc., etc., etc. I have downloaded Samsung Updater and gone through the set up wizard (several times) but I cannot get the damn thing to run! Seriously, I have looked at every post and thread and link here and there has GOT to be a simpler way to root my Moment! Please help! :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones