Simple Root Loaded Cant Get to Recovery

Last Updated:

1. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did the most recent OTA simple root.

Ok I got all of that loaded. Updated. I am stuck at the red section. When I go to recovery I get the black screen with the Triangle exclamation mark.

Note: This process will only work if you already have the engineering HBOOT. (If you have NAND unlocked, you already have it and can proceed confidently.) If you'd like to check the actual version, you can boot into HBOOT and look near the top of the screen: it should say HBOOT-0.76.2000, not 0.79.0000. If you have 0.79.0000, you will need to do Toast's Part 2 first before starting here.

1. Download this file, rename it PC36IMG.zip, and put it on the root of your SD card however you like.
    2. Power off your phone.
    3. Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons until the white screen appears.
    4. HBOOT will scan the PC36IMG.zip file. You'll see a blue progress bar on the right side of the screen.
    5. When it's finished scanning, it will ask if you want to start the update. Press the Volume Up button to answer Yes.
    6. Wait a while for it to flash all the images.
    7. If you get a "Fail-PU" error on the recovery image, see below.
    8. When it finishes and asks if you want to reboot the device, press the Volume Up button to answer Yes.
    9. After the phone has rebooted, delete the PC36IMG.zip file from your SD card.
    10. Download this file to your SD card:
    11. Power off your phone.
    12. Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons until the white screen appears.
    13. If you forgot to delete PC36IMG.zip from your SD card, HBOOT will scan it again now. When it asks if you want to start the update, press Volume Down to answer No. When it asks if you want to reboot, press Volume Down again.
    14. Now you should be at the HBOOT menu. Press Volume Down to move the selection to RECOVERY and press the Power button to select it.
    15. In a moment, you'll be at a different looking menu.
    16. Using the Volume and Power buttons as before, select "Flash zip from sdcard."
    17. Select su-2.1-e-unsecure-signed.zip from the list and follow the prompts to flash it.
    18. When that's finished and you're back at the menu, choose "Reboot system now."
    19. You should now have root, unlocked NAND, working WiMAX, and great battery life. :)

You're finished! The remainder of this post is supplemental information for those who are interested.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Twosted

Twosted Active Member

Which simple root did you use? The original one or the new 1.47 edition?

3. MeNaCe305

MeNaCe305 Active Member

happend to me, go to the simpleroot program on your pc, go to extras menu, flash recovery, pick clockwork

4. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OMG, I think That worked. I just loaded the zip* su-2.1-e-unsecure-signed.zip (md5=a055c916168db7e61a75a37a13993cd6) Now how do I know I have full root with NAND access? I guess it is working if I am able to go to rom manager now and get The Fresh Rom.