Simple tasks

Last Updated:

1. ziggy12345

ziggy12345 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I just got my HTC hero and am finding even the simplest of tasks impossible. I coppied all the contacts from my N82 to my memory card and want to copy them over to my HTC but cant find how to even explore the momory card.

How do I get contacts from my memory card to my phone? I only have the option of either phone or simm and they are not in either

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Troglodad

Troglodad Well-Known Member

Dude, you need a file manager program to explore your memory card; I use OI File Manager. Works great and lets you fully explore the memory card and phone memory

CAUTION!!!! Be very careful changing anything, or you can seriously screw up your phone.

For your contacts, they probably have to be in the correct file location. When I used the app "Export Apps" to backup my Android contacts on my ADP1 to the memory card, it placed them in the root file, as contacts.csv

3. zukini

zukini Well-Known Member

Import your contacts to google contacts on the internet (using a pc or mac). It seems to be the most reliable method. Also if you ever loose your phone (or worse have it stolen) all your contacts are safe.