Simple Toggle Between Vibe All and Silent

Last Updated:

1. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm loving my EVO so far and am already starting to adjust to the touchscreen after many years of physical-keyboard Blackberries. Things are looking good. I have one question though.

One feature I absolutely lived by on my BB was to hold down "Q" to toggle between silent and vibe all. Those were the only two profiles I ever used.

I'm sure there is a very simple answer to my question, but I can't seem to find it on my own yet. I currently have my phone set to vibrate (menu>settings>sound & display>sound profiles), but emails, texts, and gchats aren't vibrating when they arrive.

I bought Quick Profiles and put the widget on my home screen. I made silent and vibrate profiles, but I don't see where I can customize what vibrates and what doesn't other than the phone ringer. Anyway, with the phone profile on vibrate and the Quick Profile profile on vibrate, I'm still not vibrating.

So my two questions are: how do I get this sucker to vibrate, and what are some options to have a super convenient toggle between vibe all and silent?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I might have solved my problem. I found the vibrate-when-message-received option in the individual programs. I should have thought of that before. Those are now checked. Now I'll see if Quick Profile gets the job done as an effective way to toggle.

I would still love to hear thoughts on the most convient way to accomplish what I'm looking to do, so please speak up if you have an opinion on that.

Thanks again.

EDIT: A couple of test emails seem to indicate that the phone now vibrates when I get an email and the Quick Profile profile is vibrate. When the profile is silent, the phone does not vibrate. So that is good.

3. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

Go on the market and search for a good Vibrate toggle widget

4. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member

You know all you have to do is hold the down volume button and it will go into vibrate mode right? And then one click up from there is silent mode no vibrate.

5. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

6. TopherG

TopherG Active Member

hold power button popmenu comes up click silent.