Simple way to root Hero (CDMA)

Last Updated:

1. 13fullmoon

13fullmoon Member This Topic's Starter

On my Ally, I just downloaded a simple file and uploaded it with Astro to root my phone before I ever put a custom ROM on it. I'm just simply trying to find a root for my friends phone that doesn't involve needing to make a nandroid backup ect. like I did with my Ally. Does anyone have a simple root file that I can upload on my friend's Hero? He has the 2.1 update... also does anyone know of any custom ROM's for his phone that have the 2.2 update? If so, then I will go through the trouble to make his recovery, backup and flash the ROM (which should already have the root), but if not, then it's only worth getting a simple root.

Thanks...!!

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Moved your post to the Sprint (CDMA) section for you.

3. 13fullmoon

13fullmoon Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. Do you know how to flash froyo on his phone? He was about to try to root it himself and go through cmd and abd shell and everything, but then I realized that if he's gonna go through all of that just to root it, might as well flash a custom ROM as well...

Has it been done before? Can you pass along any links please??

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I wouldn't know how to my self. The CDMA and GSM heros aren't rooted the same way and use different ROMs.

Plenty of people here will know though :)

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator