• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] SimpleROM 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ROM is super sweet.

Some things id like to see
24hr support, right now when i change to 24hr it either unchecks itself or stays checked with no change to the clock in the notification area.
Location settings seem not to work, I can't get them enabled.
Battery Icon is ok, its nice to get the number for the percent but could it look like a battery? (this last one is kinda not a big deal as its just aesthetics, the battery indicator is more helpful than stock)

I had to revert back to my backup of the stock ROM because I use my phone for navigation; if it wasnt for that one thing I would have kept simpleROM. Thanks again for sharing!

Upvote 0
I'm not really sure, it could be that an app is messing with location services but I have no idea what apps would do this. Are you adding any init.d scripts or ROM tweaks? The toggle thing was an issue when I had Loopy Smoothness but I've not had it at all since removing the script.

Upvote 0
Ok
I wiped data, system, cache and dalvik cache in TWRP recovery.
Reinstalled simplerom. I only installed the following apps: trillian im client, steam mobile, as well as google maps and street view for google maps.

I have done nothing else, no custom init scripts.

GPS functionality works fine on reboot / first boot. If the phone has been on for awhile and I need to toggle GPS on I need to power cycle the phone to get it to come back and then it behaves as it should.

Would it be best to just leave GPS on all the time? Sometimes when I've done this if the phones been on for an hour or two ill bring up google maps and it will tell me GPS is disabled and then after hassling with the GPS widget (which will be unresponsive), ill goto the location settings and it will show GPS as being enabled but google maps will keep telling me its not.

Rebooting the phone will bring it back.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: no ROM tweaks that I'm aware of.

Would enabling smooth scrolling in launcher pro preferences cause any issues?

When I say reboot or power cycle what I literally mean is selecting power off after pressing the power button, counting fifteen and then powering back up. Using the reboot option from the power menu works but the GPS will not behave correctly.

Upvote 0
This is odd. I don't have a lot of time tonight but I'll definitely work on this for you tomorrow, I have a few other thing I'm pushing out soon for an update anyway. Leaving GPS on could help, it certainly won't hurt anything. Are you enabling it under settings or the quick settings toggles in the shade(notification area)? It could be an issue with the toggles there. Smooth scrolling in the launcher shouldn't matter at all. I do have a few ideas but like I said I can't get to it tonight.

Upvote 0
I can't get the ROM to load. I used the EasyRootCWM first, and messed around with stuff. I couldn't get any wifi or usb tethering to work, so I decided to try a ROM.
I have the SimpleRomo 1.1, but when I try to 'install from zip', it gives me a 'signature verification failed' message and aborts. I did a fresh root, thinking maybe I had messed up something while playing around, but I still get this error. Any suggestions?

**edit**
Derp! Turns out I just needed to reboot the phone before going back into the recovery to apply the SimpleRom zip.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones