Simplest ROM installation?

Last Updated: 2010-08-10 11:55:52
  1. AfroThunder

AfroThunder Member

Hey everyone, I've had an HTC Hero (GSM, 3UK) for the past few weeks, and have been trying to root it in order to get a custom ROM on, like VillainROM 12.

I've had no success trying various methods, although can factory reset phone/SD card if needed, and can't find any simple answers for installing this ROM. As the phone is relatively new, I'm not bothered about backing up my contacts/messages etc., so that could save some time.

So, what's the simplest, most n00b-friendly way for me to root/load the ROM that would work on 3UK (latest build no.)? Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. zacspeed

zacspeed Well-Known Member

3. AfroThunder

AfroThunder Member

Hiya, thank you for your help!
    I've tried the goldcard method, but I still get the CID error at the end of it... All the other steps seem to be working perfectly though, and I've tried formatting the card in multiple ways (through XP, through the phone etc.); could it be that the card just won't work? I'm using the one that was bundled with it, a Sandisk 2GB.

I've just heard that the heroimg.zip method could bypass this error, would that be worth a try? Thanks :)