Simplest Way To Side Load Apps

1. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member

I don't know if this was already posted and I am sorry if it was, but I would just like to show people how to sideload apps NOT using root and in very simple words.

1. Download Droid Explorer for your system. (de - Release: Droid Explorer 0.8.7.0 Beta)

2. Now, go to your phone. Settings> Applications> Development > USB Debugging.

3. Make sure you downloaded the drivers for the captivate then plug in your phone and select PC connect and mount the phone.

4. Now open Droid Explorer and connect the device. Right click and select batch install.

5. Now a screen should pop up and you should select the APKs you would like to install and it is self explanatory from there on out.

That should do it, sorry if this was posted somewhere else or something but I kind of figured this out on my own even though I am not a very techy guy.

Advertisement
    benaiir, jgcalderonperez and KappaG9 like this.
  2. tysj

tysj Well-Known Member

3. danix180

danix180 Member

4. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

Deleted
  5. kewlrobd

kewlrobd New Member

I downloaded the Droid Explorer, put my phone in USB Debugging mode but the Droid Explorere does not see the phone. My phone is rooted and the drivers are isntalled.
  6. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member

Make sure to make it ask on connection and whenever you plug it in make sure to mount it. My phone isn't rooted, so I wouldn't know wheather or not root is preventing anything
  7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

i can't figure this out for nothin. i get a, 'loader.bat' is not recognized as an interal or external command. anything know whats wrong
  8. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member

Hmm I really don't know. For me, I just installed Droid Explorer, installed Captivate Drivers, Then plug it in and put it in debugging mode and mounted it. It found the software after about 10 seconds and just worked from then on out
  9. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

10. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

i'll try downloding driod explorer
  11. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

now i get a unable to find a version of runtime for this app.
    Im using Windows XP. Could that be a problem?

im about to just give up
  12. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

Try using the android sideload wonder machine. It works awesome. Took me less than five minutes to get it going including downloading and installing the driver.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sideload-android-apps-all-you-want-sideload-wonder-machine

downloaded driver
    enable dubugging
    start sideload wonder machine
    pick apk
    click go
    done
  13. Jessejess87

Jessejess87 Member

Ok so I rooted my phone and downloaded some rooted apps from the market place. My question is, am I now supposed to delete some files off of my phone to allow me to just download all 3rd party apps or do I have to do this through the "cmd' everytime I want a 3rd party app?:confused:
  14. Chief714

Chief714 Well-Known Member