1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Simply Lockscreen - lockscreen replacement

Last Updated:

1. lewa

lewa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys :)
    Me and a developer from spain have been working on this for a little while, and it just hit the market.

Just search "Simply Lockscreen", here's the description:
    And here's a screeny right from the market (that's why there's terrible compression):

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    walse008 likes this.
  2. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Well-Known Member

just saw this and tried it (on international galaxy S)
    I loved the way it looked , but here are what pissed me :p

1- didn't exactly like how you changed the status bar
    2- on my screen , the circle thingie in the slider starts outside the slider (could be a resolution issue or something) , this happens in the both sliders [I'll post a screenshot when I figure out how :p]
    3- sometimes when I turn on the screen , it takes me to my old (phone default) unlock screen then suddenly yours appears and the screen gets turned off again
    4- randomly (happened 3 times now in 5 minutes :p) when I unlock the screen , it takes me to the unlock screen again , and once it took me back 3 times till I reached my home

using launcher pro (not sure if this helped or not)

but aside from the screen not showing correctly , everything else is bearable
    I'll keep it for now , waiting for a fix :D

and great job

Edit: finally , figured out how to move the pic (bluetooth seems to hate me for some reason and can't upload from phone to imageshack for another reason)
    [picture is hidden cause my kitteh doesn't like to be exposed to everyone]
    [​IMG]

Edit 2: when pressing the power button on the phone, the application gets called but when you press it again to turn it off and then on again, it gets called again resulting in double unlock screens (and can be done multiple times resulting in more unlock screens guess this was the cause of number 4

3. Waltzy

Waltzy Member

looks interesting, keeping my eye on this for issue fixes.

4. I've been using this for about a week now, and I gotta say this is what I have been looking for and then some. Not without its drawbacks, mind you. But a very good start just the same. Running it on stock 2.1 Eris with ADW Launcher.

What I like:
    First off, it's an elegant interface. I like that you can pack a lot of information on there without it feeling too intrusive. The vibrate/mute slider is genius, and works without fuss. I really like that I can get to my notification bar, use whatever function presents itself there, and back out to the lockscreen. I've used this frequently since discovering it, and it is the major reason (besides the sweet look of it) I want to keep this app on my phone.

What needs work:
    I don't like that I have to reset it as my lockscreen every time I restart my phone (but this might just be me not noticing a setting somewhere). And I don't like that I can't switch the lockscreen wallpaper for it. I switch the lockscreen wallpaper quite often, so this concerns me. Also, there seems to be some lag when I have a lot of functions enabled (batt. percentage, clock, etc.). Paring back seemed to help my low end Eris, as did enabling the stock notification bar and disabling the custom bar. I understand that this also might be something I have to live with.

Most disappointingly, the email and call counters don't seem to work at all. The text counter works okay, but they all seem rather redundant since I have the stock notification bar running. I'd love an option to turn the counters off. I'd also love the settings menu to be more in line with standard settings menus. Its a little confusing as it is.

And as if those annoying, exacting demands aren't enough for you, I'd also like an option to either bold the text or make it bigger, for I am an old man and my phone screen is teensy weensy.

I'm definitely holding on to this for now, and am looking forward to future updates. Well done.

5. garegar17

garegar17 New Member

I will buy this if I can change the background of the lockscreen to something different than the regular homescreen wallpaper. also does it have a code to unlock? thanks

6. GSMGuy

GSMGuy Well-Known Member

I like...

Gonna give this a whirl... Will report back!!

Mike