• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Simultaneous use of bluetooth and wired headphones

D

Deleted User

I have had a pair of bluetooth headphones for a while now but am slightly frustrated by the lack of software or apps that allow me to stream to my bluetooth headphones while also having wired headphones plugged in - ie a friend wanting to listen to a song at the same time.
Does anyone know anything about a fix or hack to enable this functionality?
im using a rooted Galaxy S4 i9505 and sennheiser mm200 headphones
thanks

Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

Unless there is some miraculous functionality that I don't know about (and I'd love to), the Android audio drivers are a "this or that" equation... but not "this AND that". I don't believe there is any way to direct a single audio stream - or especially TWO audio streams - from the same device to both bluetooth and the audio jack. Sorry, I know that's not the answer you're looking for... perhaps that will be built into a future Android version.

It's great to have you here :)

Upvote 0
Now available on LG G4...
"Here's a fun little feature on the LG G4 I didn't know about until today. You can (nearly) simultaneously listen to music on a Bluetooth device while also having something plugged in via the 3.5mm jack. The "earphone splitter" feature showed itself when I was testing some Bluetooth headphones and then plugged in a wired set. You get the option to use it or not. And while it's probably not something you're going to use very often, it's pretty handy if you need to."

Now to find a way to get my Android tablet to accomplish this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones