Since 2.1, random apps showing in ATK.

Last Updated:

1. forcecoach

forcecoach New Member This Topic's Starter

so I got 2.1 update OTA yesterday. it runs better, and a little smoother/faster on most everything. the problem I am experiencing is that I can just power on the phone but within 5 minutes, I have 10-15 apps showing up in ATK. I kill the apps, and within 5 minutes I have 10-15 apps again. I am not opening the apps, but they just appear. I know this is draining my life, and may be the cause for a lot of other peoples battery issues since 2.1. Can anyone help?

I have unplugged the battery for about 7 hours(overnight), but no change. Iam in the process of running the battery down completely to shutoff then recharging. This is quite annoying. Any Help is very much appreciated as I have tried everything but a clean wipe(factory reset)

Advertisement
  2. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

I have noticed the same thing as well. I just reinstalled ATK for like the third time to see if I can some more time on a charge.

The only thing I can associate with some of them is with widgets I have on my home screens (like MotoTorch??), beyond that I am lost. Although, for me it is about 5-8 apps that are showing up. So, I am no where near as high as you are.

3. stearic

stearic Well-Known Member

I have apps like the mp3 store. No clue why that would be showing up there as i never use them.

4. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

I haven't used ATK or any task killer for at least two months now and my phone has been running like a dream. I know Verizon or Motorola sent out an email suggesting that users download a task killer but my phone seems to be running better than ever without one. Even when I was rooted and running custom roms and themes I didn't have a task killer. But, then again, I know all phones are different and what works for my phone might not work for the next man's or woman's.

5. forcecoach

forcecoach New Member This Topic's Starter

well currently open on my phone are Amazon MP3 app(never used it), voice dial(haven't used in 2 days), speech to txt(tried it last night and killed it afterward), settings(haven't opened that today), gallery, voice dialer, docs to go, shop saavy, alarm clock and even sudoku. None of which I have opened today. all these showed up AFTER I let my phone battery completely die, shut the phone down. I then plugged it in to charge, and now all those apps are back up. I kill the apps and within 10 minutes 90% of them are right back to being open. do I just need to do a reset and try that?