Since 2.2 call interface update, I cannot enter numbers while mid call!Support

Last Updated:

1. Christofoulos

Christofoulos Member This Topic's Starter

I am not sure if this has been addressed (searched, couldn't find it), though I imagine it is happening with others so I am not sure what the deal is!

Since updating to 2.2 recently, my phone interface when calling has gotten worse. It has the add call, hold, mute and speaker buttons on top of the number, so I cannot see who is calling. It also overlaps the bottom part.

That is not that bad, it is more preferance. The real problem is that I can not bring up numbers while in the middle of a call. This makes calling automated numbers, or more importantly, my voicemail, an obvious pain in the butt.

Has anyone else come across this? If so, how did you deal with it? Is there a button I am missing? Or a new phone interface I can download?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Christofoulos

Christofoulos Member This Topic's Starter

No one has experienced this since the update? Before 2.2, it was possible for me to bring up the keyboard and then the numpad, but now it does not come up (or I do not know how to access it). Anyone?

3. lifeonmtv

lifeonmtv Well-Known Member

it still comes up for me by tapping the button on the left (next to call)

4. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I had the same problem last week. It only happened with incoming calls twice. Instead of the Green (Accept) Red (Decline) buttons i usually got, i had about 4 buttons come up, speaker, mute and a few others, covering the image of who was calling.

It hasn't happened since.

Just wandered if this was something to do with being in a place where there's no T-Mobile signal and it was using Orange??!?!

5. anneli

anneli New Member

And i cant get my numpad up while calling wich is really annoying when calling a switch board that demands that you tap some numbers before you get to a real human. Is really not good. So, if you find a way to get the call interface ok again, please pleade don't hesitate to post a sollution.

6. Euphobia

Euphobia Active Member

Go to "manage applications" in settings, find the Dialer application and force stop it. This should fix it. I had the same problem with the latest update.

7. M-H

M-H New Member

I know this is an old thread, but I've been having this same problem for the past week or so... the fix above doesn't seem to do anything for me. Any other suggestions?

SUroot likes this.
  8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You could try clearing cache and data too but you will lose your call logs

9. nom nom de plu

nom nom de plu New Member

I've been getting exactly the same problem for the past few days. I've tried force-stopping the dialer app, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

10. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

This has just cropped up for me as well. I can't bring up the keypad to enter numbers mid call when calling voicemail.
    I was abroad yesterday (in Ireland) and when I got back to UK this was happening. I don't if this is related or just a coincidence?
    Any fixes to this? Is this a known bug or am I missing something?

11. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

Actually scratch my previous post. Just switched it off and on again and this seems to have fixed the problem!