since fw update...General

1. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

i have a handcent notification which says handcent sms is running in the background....why? didnt before!

Advertisement
  2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

That is the app running notification. Any app that stays awake for too long, will popup in the notification bar.

If the app is ok to stay on (most apps should go to sleep), go into settings --> General (or other, the last tab on the right) --> applications manager. Find the app and under "Force Close" you will see a "Show Notifications" box, uncheck it.

The popup should stop for that specific app
    zipred likes this.
  3. taghag

taghag Well-Known Member

Tried that, doesn't work :(

Driving me nuts to be honest!
  4. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Didn't work for me either. Uninstalled it. Will install and try again. Not done this on last 4 phones all galaxy's
  5. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

Unticking the 'show notifications' box doesn't seem to work for any app on the Note 3. Only bug I've had.

I had a launch model and never updated btw.
  6. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

well after reinstalling its appeared again. I'll email the dev...
    taghag likes this.
  7. taghag

taghag Well-Known Member

Good to know it just isn't me!
  8. camphill

camphill Well-Known Member

same here
  9. imeraz

imeraz New Member

I have the same problem. Has anybody found a solution??
  10. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

OK I contacted Handcent about this and they've just sent me a beta version to test which has fixed this problem. Hopefully they will be issuing an update soon.
  11. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

I think I may now have the update? Anyone else got it?
  12. I have a brand new LG G3. I installed Handecent this past weekend. The Running I in background notification just started showing all the time two daysago. It wont go away.